Through sponsorship we are able to help clients with need receive exceptional services for those who need it most. The programs we sponsor at Epona Farm Sanctuary bring horses, farm animals, companion animals and certified and trained adult professionals and volunteers together to provide the only comprehensive animal assisted therapies program of its kind in the Southern Tier and Central NY. Our scholarship programs help ensure that each and every session is delivered at no charge to the participant whenever possible. We receive no state or federal funding for our services, are not a United Way recipient, nor are these services covered under most insurance plans. We rely on the support of donors just like you to make these life changing programs possible.
The costs of delivering an equine facilitated program are staggering. The costs to provide hay, farrier, veterinary care and to meet the general living and care needs of each of the horses in the therapy team is more than $25,000 each year. Insurance, training, maintenance and more bring that total to more than $35,000 for 2014. Unlike most equine programs, we don't expect donors to support the building and maintenance of large facilities built on personal property. To us that seems counter productive. That's why our budget is less than a quarter of most programs locally and nationally, donors are supporting the actual horses and program delivery, nothing more, nothing less. Even with our effective and streamlined budget, the actual cost per session, per client, is $1200-2200, however, the tuition we charge is $350-650, so more than 70% is already subsidized through fundraising, general donations and special events.
Your generous support in any amount will help us in our mission. Here are some examples:
For the the horses
- $5 will purchase one of the 4 bales of hay our horses will each each day.
- $10 will purchase the nutritious supplements for a week, that keep them all in top shape.
- $25 will buy 3 bales of shavings so they have soft, clean bedding to sleep on or a bag of Triple Crown or Purina Senior feed.
- $35 will provide a farrier visit by our farrier and hoof rehab specialist, Jamie Wooten
- You can even sponsor one of our incredible therapy horses for $50 per week or $2500 per year.
For our riding and learning clients
- $35 will pay for a client cost for private riding lesson, or a group EFL visit for up to 10
- $350 will pay the client cost for a full 10 week session
For our Therapy clients
- $65 will pay for the client cost for one private session
- $650 will pay for the client cost for 10 private sessions
Help Us Help Others - Donate Now
You can also make a donation of any amount by sending your check or money order to the address below. You can also make a donation directly through Paypal, our email address for donations is email@example.com.
Our mailing address is:
Borrowed Freedom EAAT, Inc.
2520 Vestal Parkway E. PMB#313
Vestal, NY 13850
Gifts to Borrowed Freedom, an IRS Certified 501(c)(3) charitable organization (EIN# 27-0327968), are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Borrowed Freedom is registered with NYS Attorney General’s Charities Bureau. A donation of any amount will directly benefit our program and our ability to provide services at no charge to our students.
How to Help Every Day
Amazon Smile is one of our favorites! It is so easy to use and a portion of the price of almost every product you buy will be donated to our cause. From books, to movies, to home furnishings, toys, clothes and gifts, you can find it on Amazon.com AND help support our programs.
To get started, either use the button to the left, or type in smile.amazon.com and type in Borrowed Freedom in the search box. Select our cause and your on your way to helping make a big difference!
Goodshop works with more than 5,000+ stores to provide the best deals and coupons and the top stores also donate up to 20% of their purchase to Borrowed Freedom.
You can also help us by using GoodSearch.com
- Visit www.goodsearch.com and select our cause Borrowed Freedom Equine Assisted Therapies and Activities, Inc.
- Create a user profile that will allow you to keep track of your individual amount raised.
- Use the search box on our homepage or download a Good To-Go add-on to search the Internet just like you normally would, with the added bonus that you are earning a donation for virtually every search.
Global Giving Campaigns
Copyright 2014 - Borrowed Freedom Equine Assisted Therapies and Activities, Inc. Endicott, NY
Borrowed Freedom, is an IRS Certified 501(c)(3) charitable organization (EIN# 27-0327968),
and is registered with NYS Attorney General’s Charities Bureau.